Welcome to Watchung Hills Physical Therapy
WHPT was created in 2006 with the intent of providing an alternative to the traditional physical therapy experience. Watchung Hills Physical Therapy is owned and operated by James Santillo, PT and offers a wide variety of rehabilitation and preventative services. We offer a hands-on approach to therapy in which highly individualized care is provided. We facilitate the restoration of the body’s joints and systems to an efficient state, allowing patients to function optimally. We address the source of pain/dysfunction not just the symptoms. We empower patients with tools to stay injury free and healthy. We pride ourselves in being able to help patients that have failed in their attempts to be successfully treated within the mainstream medical model. The clinic also offers fitness training and a wellness program for clients that do not require direct physical therapy treatment but are looking to stay active and healthy. At Watchung Hills Physical Therapy we see an average of only 1-2 patient’s per hour. This allows ample time to perform our high level manual therapy coupled with patient education and therapeutic exercises.
At Watchung Hills PT everyone has the potential to live long and healthy lives regardless of what our “genetics” say. This can be accomplished if the following principles are followed everyday: eating a diet centered around natural plant foods and limiting animal products, performing daily exercise, getting at least 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night, avoiding environmental toxins whenever possible and by taking time away from work.
- Provide quality physical therapy treatment utilizing a hands on approach in order to achieve the highest quality of function and well-being in all of our patients.
- Utilize our skills as physical therapists to relieve pain, eliminate dysfunction, and restore our patients to their optimal level of function.
- Provide quality fitness training to our clients based on sound scientific evidence.
- Achieve a healthy balance in our lives and infuse the knowledge of healthy eating, healthy exercise and a healthy mind in all that walk through our door.
- Evidence based physical therapy practice.
- 1-on-1 time with our patients that allows us to utilize a manual approach to therapy, thus ensuring optimal results.
- 1-on -1 time with our clients to ensure that they meet their health and fitness goals
- Exercise that is proven safe and effective.
- A diet that contains whole grains, fruits, vegetables and hormone and antibiotic free meats and dairy products.
- A lifetime commitment to continuing our education.
- A lifestyle that allows for recreational activities and cherished time with family and friends.
- Efforts made toward environmental sustainability and ecological health and well-being.
An all-inclusive wellness center that encompasses physical therapy, fitness training, injury prevention and wellness programs, group exercise, nutritional education, educational seminars and community outreach programs. Our wellness center will be clean, comfortable, and friendly and will support environmental sustainability.
- We facilitate the restoration of your body’s joint and systems to an efficient state, allowing you to function optimally.
- We address the source of your pain/dysfunction not just the symptoms.
- We empower you with tools to stay injury free and healthy.
- We provide individualized one-on-one care.
- We pride ourselves in being able to help patients that have failed in their attempts to be successfully treated within the mainstream medical model.
- Acute and Chronic Spinal Conditions: Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical Pain
- Frozen Shoulder/Shoulder Pain
- Tendinitis (tennis and golfer elbow, shoulder, hip, etc.)
- Foot and ankle pain
- Knee pain
- Hip dysfunction
- Joint replacement surgery
- Rib dysfunction
- Core muscle weakness
- Visceral Mobilization
- Post-Surgical Care
- Temporal-mandibular joint (TMJ) pain
- One-on-One Personal Training
We offer individual and small group training sessions. All sessions are done in our exceptionally clean, state of the art training facility in Warren, New Jersey. An emphasis is placed on cardiovascular conditioning, functional/compound movement patterns that incorporate core strength and flexibility, balance training and postural awareness. We provide these services for everyone of all ages. Services are only provided by highly qualified personal trainers who are college educated and hold the highest certifications in the field.